Fishing and Hunting Licenses

Fishing License Information

A valid fishing license is required for Alabama residents between the ages of 16 and 64 who fish with rod and reel or artificial bait. This license is also required to fish with hook and line, live bait only, (cane pole) outside your county of legal residence. Residents 65 years of age and over are exempt from buying fishing licenses provided the resident has on his/her person while fishing a driver's license or proof of permanent Alabama residence and age. Fishing licenses must be renewed annually. Fishing licenses expire August 31 each year and renew September 1. Residents of Alabama may also apply for and buy a Lifetime Fishing license which requires no renewal.


All non-residents 16 years of age and older must have a license to fish in the state of Alabama. This license is required for fishing in any public water regardless of tackle used. Non-residents can also obtain a freshwater or saltwater fishing trip license good for seven (7) consecutive days.

Non-resident licenses are issued at the Courthouse or any satellite office.


Click her for current list of fees for residents and no-resident fishing license-ADD LINK



You will be required to present a valid Alabama driver's license as proof of residency. If you do not have an Alabama driver's license, you must present two of the following:


  1. Certificate of employment if containing proof of permanent residence
  2. Copy of Home Property Tax
  3. Copy of previous year's tax return (mailing address only)
  4. Health insurance forms with address; Medicare, etc.
  5. The last three months of a utility bill with mailing address
  6. Student ID plus copy of residence agreement or any other proof of residence listed.
  7. Military personnel with an out-of-state driver’s license must have copy of orders of assignment to Alabama for a minimum of 30 days or have Alabama as home of record.
  8. Health insurance card with address
  9. Telephone calling cards with address
  10. Copy of school registration for non-driving students
  11. Voter registration
  12. Other legal documents that may establish residency after approval by the Conservation Department.

Non-Driver identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety is not acceptable proof of residence. Under no circumstances will a resident of another state be issued an Alabama resident license even if the person is able to produce the above items.


add a link to location 

For more Information, please visit: Click here