State Government and Local Municipalities
Macon County is governed by a five-member County Commission, composed of a Chairman and four Commissioners. The Chairman of the County Commission is a registered voter who is elected countywide for a four-year term on the presidential cycle. The other four members of the County Commission are elected from single-member districts for four-year terms. Each Commissioner must be a registered voter and live within the district they represent. Commissioners representing District 1 and District 3 are elected in the presidential election cycle. Commissioners representing District 2 and District 4 are elected in the gubernatorial election cycle.
Three members of the Commission constitute a quorum to conduct of business. A simple majority vote of those present and voting determines county policies. The Chairman is authorized to vote only in case of a tie. The Chairman presides over the meetings and is responsible for keeping the minutes of the meetings of the County Commission.
Commission Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month unless it is a holiday, then it is held on the next business day.
The Macon County Commission’s normal working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm CST. Our offices are located at 101 East Rosa Parks Avenue, Suites 102-106, Tuskegee, Alabama 36083. Please contact (334)727-5120 for more information.
- City of Tuskegee 334.720.0500
- Town of Franklin 334.727.2111
- Town of Notasulga 334.257.1454
- Town of Shorter 334.727.9298
- Tuskegee Housing Authority 334.727.0459
- Tuskegee Parks & Recreation Department 334.226.1630
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey
- Alabama Lieutenant Governor Will Ainsworth
- Alabama State Senator William M. Beasley
- Alabama State Representative Pebblin W. Warren
- Macon County District Judge (5th Judicial Circuit) 334.727.6210
- Macon County District Attorney 334.724.2604
- Macon County Circuit Judge 334.724.2526
- Macon County Circuit Clerk 334.724.2614
- AlabamaVotes. gov (online voting information)
- Voter Registration 334.724.2617
LAW ENFORCEMENT, Municipal and State
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency 334.745.4651
- Franklin Police Department 334.727.2111
- Notasulga Police Department 334.257.3444
- Shorter Police Department 334.727.9190
- Tuskegee Police Department 334.727.0200